Friday, September 19, 2008

Being

I am a human doing
I am a human did
I am a human going to do
I struggle with being

Being implies that I simply am. Being does not allow me to impress you or anyone with what I can do, or disappoint with what I can't.

You know what I think? I think God let us call ourselves human beings for that exact reason. We can't do anything but be to be loved by Him.

I wonder though, where does love come into it? If I'm talking about being and more so about God, love sounds like it should enter into the picture.

Now love is tricky because I have it in my mind that we show people love with our actions, but that would be doing. Can I simply be love?? I don't think so, I think that would imply that I am God.

Perhaps it's a matter of reflecting. Reflections are much clearer if what they are being reflected in is still. So, would it make sense, to allow God's love to reflect off of us by simply being who He created us to be, rather than doing all the time?

I think it's too late for me to be wandering down this train of though.

No comments: